Saturday 4 June 2016

The Ultimate Summer Wishlist

Two months of sun, sand and sea. Endless rays and bikinis. Popsicles, cherries and pineapple chow. It must be summer now!

Every year, I create a summer wishlist with items that I must absolutely have. My wishlist mostly comprises of clothing (bikinis, coverups, dresses) and some accessories like flower crowns and dainty rings. This year, in keeping with my tradition, I have created the ultimate summer wishlist packed with products so lovely that I know you're gonna want them too!

    1. Apple Watch Sport | Rose Gold w Lavender Band


I've wanted one of these since Christmas when my mom visited and I saw her with one. I decided that I would buy myself a rose gold Apple Watch to match my iPhone. 

           2.Choupette Beach Shopper | Karl Lagerfeld


I'm a big fan of Karl Lagerfeld so when his 'Choupette At The Beach' collection launched, I was all over that. I instantly fell in love with this bag because it reminded me of the Michael Kors Jet Set Tote. However, I wouldn't necessarily use this as my go-to beach bag, because it is on the pricey side. Nevertheless, Choupette is such a diva (like me) and I'm excited to get my hands on this. 

          3.Cat Eye Sunglasses


One of the biggest trends this summer is the cat eye sunglasses. Why? Think winged eyeliner, facelift and youthful goodness. These sunnies will virtually give your face a contoured effect in one simple step. (All you have to do is put them on. No tape necessary! ) I would recommend though, that you not splurge on this type of sunglasses because like all trends, they'll eventually go out of style. Most likely, I'll pick myself up a pair from Forever21


But, I can't deny that this Fendi pair is a dream. #Love 

          4.Choker Necklace


And while I'm on the topic of Forever21, I'll just go ahead and pick myself up a cute choker necklace from there too. However, because of copyright issues, I will not be able to show the actual image of the Forever21 choker I have on my Wishlist, but I will link it here

          5.Simple Monokini | Lisa Marie Fernandez



With all the patterns, beading, colors and cuts, swimwear can seem like a whole lot a fluff. This season, I'm craving simple silhouettes and design, which has been a recurring theme since I became a mom. Don't get me wrong! I admire innovation, but sometimes an over-designed bikini is just not practical. The monokini I have chosen was designed by Lisa Marie Fernandez. Her designs are very minimal but cutting edge. Which, if you think about it, is very hard to achieve. I can confidently endorse her entire SS16 collection because I would wear every suit in a heart beat.

          6.Chan Bikini Top | Vanessa Mooney


I can't recall exactly where I first saw this chain bikini top, but I just knew I had to have it. Most people would see this top and be intimidated. But not me! The styling possibilities are endless. I imagine wearing this with an open-front blazer and cigarette pants for a sexy but sophisticated look. Then I imagine pairing it over a plain white tee and jeans for a more effortless vibe. And finally, I even imagine wearing this as it was designed to be worn;  as a bikini top. I'll probably pair it with a long, lace beach pant instead of an actual bikini bottom.  Whatever I decide to do, I'll definitely be sharing my looks so stayed tuned for that. 

          7. Ella Cape Style Skinny Leg Jumpsuit | Boohoo


😍😍😍 #Speechless is literally how I was when I saw this jumpsuit. I mean, what's not to love? Cape? Check! Plunging neckline? Check! Skinny leg? Check! Check! Check! What can I say. I'm a jumpsuit kinda girl. It's one step and done. 

          8. Bikini Coverup | Denisse M Vera



I don't even think I can afford this coverup, to be honest. Bu it's unlike anything I've ever seen so I must own it! (Cries) 

          9. Good Read | Travel Diaries


As a self-professed bookworm, I often yearn for a good novel. I am a big fan of travel diary type novels where the heroine is no stellar bimbo, but rather a respectable average Jane, who journeys halfway around the globe to find herself. And during her journey, she meets a more than regular Joe who happens to pry her out of her listlessness with his foreign charm and boyish wit. Though, in the end, the respectable average Jane realizes that the thing she was searching for within herself, had been there all along. She just needed a change of scenery perhaps, (and a handsomely persuasive bloke) for her to finally see that.
I've read a great many novels like this, especially in my teen years. My favorite series was S.A.S.S. which stood for Students Across Seven Seas. Each book in the series was written by a different author, and it introduced a new heroine travelling to destinations such as Munich and Italy, as part of the S.A.S.S program. I would definitely recommend this series to anyone under 18.

          10. Wet Bikini Bag | Henri Bendel



Good-bye plastic baggy, hello bikini bag! I mean, MINDBLOWN. I always just stuff my wet swimsuit into a plastic bag when leaving the beach or pool, because I had no idea that there was such a thing as a bikini bag. What? Yes gurrrl! #Need

Hey! What are some things on your summer wishlist that you absolutely need? Use the hashtag (#TheUltimateSummerWishlist) to share your own list of must-haves on social media.

xo,

Jhalisa

No comments:

Post a Comment