Wednesday 6 July 2016

3 New Trends To Steal From The Elie Saab Winter Haute Couture 2016 - 2017 Show


Dripping with opulence and glittery golds, the Elie Saab Haute Couture Winter Fashion Show 2016 - 2017 was, in one word, dazzling. Models draped in
magnificent ball gowns and sophisticated pant suits glided down the runway, some with mini-me models beside them. The inspiration for the collection: New York. While it was obvious that the designer was inspired by the city's skylines and free-spirited culture, there were some recurring themes throughout the show which you may have missed.

(1) One-Sided Earrings - Model after model, I noticed an odd trend; these girls were missing an earring on one side! While the accessories added to the drama of this glamorous show, the designer's inclination to style some models with only one earring, brought a sense of rebellious edginess that seemed reminiscent of that New York City underground culture.

(2) Belted Ball Gowns - In case you were too distracted by the sheer grandeur of the ball gowns shown at the Elie Saab Winter 2016 Haute Couture show, you may not have noticed that the gowns were in fact belted. Now belts and gowns are a rare sight but I loved how they were effortlessly incorporated into this collection. They offered that cinched waist effect while elevating the look of each gown.


(3) Winged Liner On The Crease - At first I was really concerned about the boldness of the models' black, winged eyeliner. But then when I realized that the placement of the liner was not on the upper eyelash but on the crease, I paused. I also kinda freaked out and was intimated at the same time. But after a few seconds of soaking it in, my mind was blown. I love, love, love this idea and I'm anxious to try this out. I think winged eyeliner on the crease can be totally wearable if executed correctly.


Photos courtesy vogue.com

No comments:

Post a Comment