Sunday 10 July 2016

Dolce & Gabbana Inspired Look


Dolce & Gabbana fashion shows and campaigns are like fashionably eclectic fairy-tales. I love how Domenico Dolce and Steffano Gabbana incorporate children, elderly women, and a full palette of other real-life inspired personas into their fashion story lines.



Most recently, the fashion house held their Alta Moda fashion show in celebration of Italy's first Oscar-winning actress, Sophia Loren. One of my great takeaways from the show, was the floral headdresses which some of the models wore to accompany their floral-printed dresses. It reminded me of flower crowns, which I am obsessed with. Catholicism was a major theme in this fashion show as well, and in almost every fashion show the brand hosts. The designers often showcase inspired designs perfect for attending Sunday mass or if you're lucky, a meeting with the Pope. The clothing is that regal. Drawing from these two sources of inspiration, I set out to create a look worthy of a D&G fashion show.
During my shoot, bubba was cranky and wanted to hang out with mummy. 

Casually doing the most, preparing fake dinner.

Added several stems of white bougainvillea to my hair to create this inspired headdress. 

Loving this contour palette by City Color. I used the bronze shade as eyeshadow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment