Wednesday 13 July 2016

My Hello Kitty Collection | A Walk Down Memory Lane



Do you remember the first item you owned from Hello Kitty? Well if I can remember correctly, my first item from Sanrio, was a giant art set which came in a case shaped like the Kitty's head. It was pink and white and had a flap where her bow is. Enclosed in the set, were markers, a notepad and other stationery. I must've been 5 when I received this. Like the typical sentimental hoarder that I am, I never used the stationery much. Instead, I kept everything in its packaging possibly until my teen years. I'm not quite sure what happened to that set, needless to say, my fan girl affections towards the brand never phased out. Here is a look at my still growing Hello Kitty collection. 





My precious and oh-so-gorgeous baby cousin got me this silver Hello Kitty watch a few Christmases ago. I absolutely adore it!


My mom got me this funky, colorful watch many Christmases ago when I finished secondary school. I was so excited when I opened the box and saw this. Mama knows me so well. Love you mom!


One of my iPhone 5 cases. 


Mom also got me this Hello Kitty diaper bag when I was in college (lol). I wasn't a mother back then but she thought the bag was cute so I used to carry my books in it. Haha. It also came in handy when I had my son because I used it as my hospital bag. My son's things were in a different bag of course.


Another one of my iPhone 5 cases. I'm just not ready to part with it yet, okay? I'm a hoarder! Plus I think one of the hearts fell off :(

An old picture of the case before I lost the heart in the top right corner.


Now this blanket, I bought for myself from the kid's store I worked at when I was a teenager. I loved it so much when it came in, that I just had to have it. I still sleep with this blanket every night. 

My Hello Kitty blanket laid out.


I know this isn't a collectible item, but I just had to include it in this post. My amigas came together and bought me this Hello Kitty cake for my 20th birthday. I was so ecstatic! 


That same birthday, the girls also bought me Hello Kitty pajamas. The straps of the top for the pant set tore out so I had to throw it out. But I still wear these pieces often.

Photo taken from my Instagram: @jhalisa_xo
I saved the best for last! I am absolutely, positively obsessed with my Hello Kitty door. My daddy bought me this for Christmas years ago. It's my favorite thing about my room partly because it makes for a great photo background.

Thank you for checking out my Hello Kitty collection. What was your favorite thing? I plan on visiting the Sanrio store soon and pick myself up some new things. Stay tuned for that.

xo,

Jhalisa.









No comments:

Post a Comment