Friday 19 August 2016

1 Sarong 3 Ways | How to Tie a Beach Wrap


Funny story about this beach wrap; the lady who sold it also tried to sell me weed.
You've got to love Tobago! The beaches, the ambiance, the people; everything is just better on the island. What I like most about the Tobago beaches are the tourist shops there. I like any kind of shop really, I'm a shopaholic. What do you expect? While everyone else is catching rays, I'm catching bargains. Buying loads of magnets, jewelry and other touristy things. One would think I'm a foreigner! During one of my bargain hunts, I happened across this beautiful sarong (worn as a top here). The shop keeper managed to show me several different ways to wrap the darn thing, but after 2 vodkas and a helping of curried crab & dumplings, who could remember the technicalities of that drama!?
I found myself struggling to twist and tie the wrap like she showed me (partly because I lost the circular ring thingy that came with the wrap & also because I wasn't really paying attention) so I would usually throw it across my waist and that was that. But on this day, I decided to experiment with the sarong, to see how I could wear it as a top.

 Look 1 - The Bustier
Rolling the sarong into itself and holding horizontally, I held the wrap to the back of me, then bringing it around the front and under my bust, criss-crossed sides to cover the girls. The last step is to secure to the back with one or two knots.



Look 2 - The High Neck Criss Cross
Holding the sarong to the back of my neck, I criss-crossed sides, bringing it down and over the girls, adjusting the width & shape to my liking, and securing to the back with a knot.



Look 3 - The Sweetheart Criss Cross
Holding the sarong to the back of me, I brought it forward, criss-crossed twice, and then secured at the back again, with two knots.



And that's it! Really easy and best of all, no experience required. You can try to create any style or shape you want. All it takes is a little creativity and a lot of patience, with yourself. Best of luck & thank you for reading! Until next time, may your hearts stay pure and acts be kind.

Jhalisa.

No comments:

Post a Comment